Der varer ikke længe før endnu en spiller melder sig på det amerikanske marked for streamingtjenester. NBC Universal har nu fremlagt flere detaljer om deres nye tjeneste Peacock, som har fået navn efter NBC’s logo, altså en påfugl.
Tjenesten kommer til at vise indhold som serier, film og børneindhold samt de olympiske lege, som NBC har rettighederne til.
Tjenesten lanceres i USA 15. juli med tre forskellige udgaver:
- Peacock Free: A free option that comes with limited programming. It consists of 7,500 hours of programming, including next-day access to current seasons of NBC shows, Universal movies, SNL, Vault, and Family Movie Night.
- Peacock Premium with Ads: An ad-supported version that is free to existing Comcast customers and $5-a-month for everyone else. It includes everything Peacock Free has, but also live sports and early access to late-night shows. Comcast and Cox cable subscribers will get free access to Peacock Premium with ads, or they can pay just $5 per month for an ad-free version.
- Peacock Premium: A $10-a-month ad-free subscription option that is open to everyone. This tier combines the two earlier tiers, ditches the ads, and includes non-televised Premier League soccer games.
Hvad kommer der af indhold på Peacock?
Peacock will offer original dramas, including:
- Dr. Death: Based on a podcast starring Jamie Dornan, Alec Baldwin, and Christian Slater.
- A Battlestar Galactica reboot. It’s coming from Mr. Robot producer Sam Esmail
- Brave New World: Based on the dystopian novel by Aldous Huxley and starring Alden Ehrenreich (Solo: A Star Wars Story) and Demi Moore
- Angelyne: A limited series from Emmy Rossum.
- One of Us Is Lying: Based on the New York Times best-selling mystery-thriller.
- Hatching Twitter series: It tells the “tale of betrayed friendships and high-stakes power struggles that accompanied the meteoric rise of the infamous tech company,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. It “will explore the real masterminds behind it all, how it was done, and the colossal ramifications the technology will have on our future.”
- Division One: A “coming-of-age comedy about an underdog women’s collegiate soccer team that gets a new female coach – a former professional soccer player who’s fallen from grace – and must decide whether or not they’re going to take the risk of trying to be great.”
Peacock will offer original comedies, including:
- Rutherford Falls: Co-created by Mike Schur, Ed Helms, and Sierra Teller Ornelas, and starring Ed Helms.
- Straight Talk: From Rashida Jones and Jada Pinkett Smith
- A reboot of Saved By the Bell from Tracey Wigfield (30 Rock), featuring Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez.
- Punky Brewster: Starring Soleil Moon Frye as a grown-up version of her character
- A new season of A.P.Bio starring Glenn Howerton and Patton Oswalt
- A second movie spinoff from the long-running series Psyc.
- The Adventure Zone is a “side-splitting and heart-filled fantasy animated comedy series that follows an unlikely, poorly equipped trio and their beleaguered Dungeon Master as they reluctantly embark on a quest to save their world.”
- MacGruber: After sitting in prison for a decade MacGruber is out and finds himself facing down Brigadier Commander Enos Queeth. All characters from the original film appear to help save the world.
- Clean Slate: A Norman Lear’s comedy about a Southern car wash owner who reunites with his estranged child, a trans woman named Desiree, played by Laverne Cox.
- Expecting: Mindy Kaling stars as an independent woman named Ellie who becomes a mother with her gay best friend, Jonathan. Ellie asks Jonathan if he’ll donate his sperm, and they tackle becoming a family together.
- Girls5Eva: A new Tina Fey-produced show about a 90s girl group that reunites.
Peacock will feature unscripted programming, including:
- Who Wrote That: A new Saturday Night Live docuseries from creator Lorne Michaels, exploring the famous personalities in front of and behind the camera.
- An original talk show series from Jimmy Fallon in collaboration with Matador Content and Universal Television Alternative Studio.
- A weekly late-night show starring Amber Ruffin and produced by Seth Meyers
- And a spinoff of Bravo’s The Real Housewives franchise.
Universal Pictures is developing original films and animated series for Peacock. DreamWorks Animation will create original animated content for Peacock, too.